Monday 10 October 2011

What am I doing here?

So it happend. 6 months ago, my worst nightmare came true. I am well aware that horrible things happen to people everyday. And this doesn't even come close to awful. But, at the time, I thought it just might kill me. I got dumped. I have been dumped before. But, this was different. It was the out of the blue, tossed on your rump, lose your home, dumped via email kind of break up. And through all the tears, and analyzing the situation, the thing that seemed the worst was that not only was I single. I was now 30.

Since D-Day, I have realized, that 30 is 30. And, dating can be fun, or awful at any age. The difference this time, I have a better sense of humour about my situation. I laugh at my horrible dates as I update the girls at my office. Afteral, if I can't provide some entertainment on my hunt for Mr Right, then it isn't fun!

During one of my stand up routines, or what was actually lunch with a good friend of mine, I was filling him in about my new world. As I laughed at myself and the any ridiculous dates I had been on as of late, I wrapped up my story with, "so basically I get dressed up and go out with losers". Hamish looked up at me, finished chewing his pizza and said, "you have to write a blog about this, and that my friend is your title".

I laughed it off at the time. But, since this lunch, many more dates have happened, many more funny stories are floating around my head. So, here it is. Single, in my thirties- the humorous side of dating in Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment