Monday 10 October 2011

The sky is the limit- the irony of online dating profile names

I will probably write about this a lot, but here is your first post about online dating- the dating profile name. Now, I will give you some examples, but please know, I am altering them slightly with numbers and minor spelling. I don't want to completely embarass these guys. Afterall, these profiles are searchable. Most of the names I see make me laugh. Some are meant to be funny, usually quoting Adam Sandler movies- example- "Billymadison364646". Some are funny, but are not meant to be, "6969Choc_delight". The latter is what I live for. It makes me feel better about my "situation". Afterall, I might be trolling online for Mr Right, but at least I am not ridiculous (although some may argue that)! Here are a few more good ones out there: "Epicurioussss", "Moonover19221", "Lovaboy38773". Some are vulgar, I won't give you any of those. Some are deep, "soul2soul0999", "Universebmyne". But today, the ironic name presented itself.

I am not short. I promise this has something to do with the irony. I am 5'7. Not tall, but not short. I will post an analysis on how many short men there are in Calgary another day. The point is, as I scroll through profile after profile, I usually look for men taller than me. Today, I see a message from, "theskyisthelimit44". First of all, I have to anaylize the name. Afterall, I don't have much else to go from. Overall, not a bad name. Not trying to be funny, not too deep. Clearly a positive guy- I mean, "theskyisthelimit44". He must be nice right?! So, let us see how tall he is. 5'6. Your profile name is "theskyisthelimit44" and you are 5'6?!!! Someone needs to tell show this guy the irony of his name. I will leave that for a cute, nice girl, who is shorter than him.

And for those of you wondering what my online dating profile name is, I went with a combination of my favourite place on earth and my dog's name. Hint- it is not "Edmontonrover" or "Cancunbailey".

No comments:

Post a Comment